No matter how durable your AC unit is, someday, you will need to get it fixed or even replaced. However, many people are torn between repairing and replacing their AC unit. There are AC units that can still be repaired and there are others that definitely need to be replaced. So how can you tell if you need AC repair or when to buy a new one?
If your AC system was properly cared for and maintained, there’s a high chance that you will only need AC repair in Tampa. AC units are built to be sturdy so repairs may handle the problem.
- AC repair is more affordable given that the problem is minor and the repair doesn’t cost a fortune. Repairing is the best way to go to save money.
- AC repair should definitely cost less, at least 50% from buying a new AC unit. If it is priced higher, then maybe you should consider buying a new one then.
- Is your AC unit still warrantied? Most often than not, AC units have a warranty of five years. So if your unit breaks down within this time frame, repairing is your best bet to get the costs down.
But if your AC unit is always broken, you may want to buy a new one as this will prove to be more cost-efficient in the long run.
- It is time to replace your unit if the AC unit has high energy consumption. Newer models are more energy-efficient. So if you have an old AC and want to save on your power bills, replacing it is a good idea.
- As mentioned earlier, repairs should cost 50% less than a brand new AC unit. If this isn’t the case, go for replacing.
- The current AC unit you have keeps breaking down even after repairs. This means that your AC may be dying on you and it’s really time to buy a new one already.
AC repair or buying a new one shouldn’t be a hard decision. But, it can be a challenge to find an AC repair company that will really give you honest quotes, where you will base your decisions on. Some may quote you too highly and give you the idea that you have to replace it. Some may quote you too low because their services are of poor quality.
Always proceed with caution and be wary of repair companies that aren’t trustworthy. We all know that AC units aren’t cheap. So make it a point to call a reputable repair company to fix your AC problems.